[XeTeX] arabic

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Oct 25 02:15:22 CEST 2010

On Oct 24, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Kamal Abdali wrote:

> Ross: The steps in TeXShop were exactly the same as needed with an English
> document: TeX engine command twice; Makeindex command once; TeX engine
> command once again. TeXShop has built-in keys and menus for both. MakeIndex
> worked without any options, hints, additional collation tables, extra
> scripts, etc. Perhaps xepersian provides the support that makeindex needs.
>
> Kamal Abdali

Howdy,

Are you sure its 2 xelatex, makeindex and 1 xelatex? I'd guess 1 xelatex, makeindex and 2 xelatex. In any case in TeXShop try the xelatexmk engine which will automate this process. Move the xelatexmk.engine file from ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Inactive/Latexmk/ two folders up, to ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/, and restart TeXShop. You should see the xelatexmk engine listed in the Source File Toolbar's engine popup menu. Then put the line

% !TEX TS-program = xelatexmk

at the top of the Source file and from then on Typeset->Typeset (Cmd-T) will automatically excute the xelatexmk engine.

Sorry, this was too easy a setup! :-)

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)