[XeTeX] No (bidi) Arabic with titlesec?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Oct 22 23:33:12 CEST 2010

Juan Acevedo wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I wonder if anyone has a solution or workaround for the ongoing bidi--titlesec clash?

I tried it here --- with \setotherlanguage{arabic}, your formatting
(roman, centered, tiny) is overridden by something. My guess is it's in
polyglossia, since that has section formatting commands for titles and
headers, I think.

With arabxetex, I get:
! LaTeX Error: Command \aemph already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

and the warning:
Package arabxetex Warning: \arabicfont\ is not defined!
I will try to load Scheherazade (scaled 1.5) on input line 9.

That's all I can offer at present.

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,