[XeTeX] newpage

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 01:23:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

Just for the record: there are several commands in LaTeX to start a new page (from the top of my head: \newpage, \clearpage, \cleardoublepage, \clearemptydoublepage). In all cases, basically all material will be set on a page, and when the command is encountered, a new page is started and subsequent material will thus end up on the new page. But a second (or third, or more) \newpage does not count as "typesettable" and thus LaTeX will not start a new page. To skip a number of pages, you need to explicitly put nothing on the paper, like \mbox{} or so.

Wilfred