[XeTeX] apostrophe and \savinghyphcodes

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:27:53 CEST 2010

Dear list,

I'm not sure if the discussion should better be kept here or on the
tex-hyphen mailing list. (At the moment it's only related to XeTeX.)

If anyone would like to comment on:
    http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/tests/testsuite/apostrophe/newlanguage/?pathrev=485
    http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/tests/testsuite/apostrophe/newlanguage/?pathrev=486
or
    svn co  -r 485
svn://tug.org/texhyphen/trunk/tests/testsuite/apostrophe/newlanguage

we will try to solve the problem.

We may still just duplicate all the patterns with apostrophe, but if
\savinghyphcodes was working as expected, I would prefer to have a
solution with that one. If that won't work, we will eventually
duplicate the patterns.

Of course we could also assume that everyone will be using 2019
(either directly or using tex-text mapping) and then use only patterns
with 2019.

Mojca