[XeTeX] Problems with spacing in math formulae

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Oct 20 10:35:06 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 05:21:32PM +1030, Will Robertson wrote:
> On 2010-10-20 09:13:36 +1030, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org>
> said:
>
> >I can reproduce it and while ago have seen it in a posted sample
> >somewhere on the web. I don't know what is special about Euler's
> >display summation to trigger such a bug (if it is actually a bug),
>

> Strange, with a little more effort I can now reproduce the problem,
> too. Apparently Font Book wasn't installing the latest version over
> the top of the old one correctly. I must remember to remove old
> fonts before I try and install new versions.
>
> So I can revert to the correct behaviour by installing an older
> version of the font with Unique Name: "FontForge 2.0 : Neo Euler :
> 18-9-2009" (quite a lot older, I know).
>
> Does this help track down the problem, Khaled?

Very useful! Knowing that there were a working version I was able to
track this down (with some git bisect magic), the culprit is the
DisplayOperatorMinHeight math parameter, while ago I increased it from
1400 to 2180 and XeTeX seems not to like that. Now I need to remember
why this was done in the first place (never use terse commit messages,
one day you will regret it).

Regards,
 Khaled

--