[XeTeX] Strange hyphenation with polyglossia in French

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 00:39:55 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 00:31, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:21:12AM +0200, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> Arthur also reminded me that one might want to treat scedilla and
>> scommaaccent as equivalent characters for Romanian,
>
> Lately, I've been told that Romanians are now strongly against this
> scedilla=scommaaccent thing being legacy artifact, and that continuing
> to support it is causing harm than good.

I would tend to agree with that (it's better not to support it at all
and to force users to use the right character).

Nevertheless it was just an example and it might be that more such
examples show up in the future. (In particular there are three
languages that currently use exactly the same thing in pdfTeX to
support some characters in two different encodings. Not that I would
support that, but it is there ...)

Mojca