[XeTeX] Setting greek letters in cmtt with XeTeX on OS X

Rodney Polkinghorne rodneyp at physics.uq.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 01:35:01 CEST 2010

Thank you all for replying.

> From: "Keith J. Schultz" <keithjschultz at web.de>

> Look into the unicode-math package and the
> unicode math fonts.

I use plain TeX with web - LaTeX seems too big and structured.  I was
going to write a XeTeX version of Dmitri Pavlov's plain-utf8.tex, to
set the mathcodes with minimum fuss.  Has anyone done that already?

> From: Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de>

> Well you can make the alpha, beta etc input character active and
> define them so that they switch to a greek encoding like LGR.

Thanks.  I now know where to start looking if I decide to use the lgc
fonts.  I'll write it up for the manual if I do.

> From: Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at yahoo.com>

> Use
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/umtypewriter/
> that actually contains Greek characters.

So there is a simple answer.  Thank you.