[XeTeX] wrong kerning and slow processing with xelatex in texlive 2010

Vadim Radionov vadim.radionov at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 15:50:50 CEST 2010

Hi, Jonathan,

I asked my font vendor and they explained that when specific kerning
pair accompanies a kerning class, it work as "class exception" rather
than a correction to the kerning for classes. There are several words
about it in Opentype specification. (Unfortunately, I didn't find
anything about cumulative behaviour of several specific pairs.)

Do you know how exactly XeTeX deal with it?

Vadim