[XeTeX] Localized XeLaTeX / greek XeLaTeX

Axel Freyn axel-freyn at gmx.de
Sat Oct 16 19:31:02 CEST 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 02:00:30PM +0100, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
> Axel Freyn wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm not really programming in xelatex -- but wouldn't it be
>> possible analogous to LaTeX be making ε an active character, which
>> verifies whether the next character is κ, an then is replaced by "cm" ?
>
> But how then could you use ε in a Greek control word,
> as you would surely want to do ?
OK, you're right. It's not so simple as I hoped ...

Well, I would only see a crazy solution: Define the Greek control word
in two steps:
 - first the part until the epsilon
 - Then use again a construct with \@ifnextchar ε
But I agree: that's not really feasible...
And as Ulrike said -- all the side-effects will probably really get out
of control. (At least, one would probably have to use a
character-sequence which can never exist in any greek word -- and I have
no idea whether that exist).

Axel