[XeTeX] polyglossia/bidi -- footnote rule alignment

Kamal Abdali k.abdali at acm.org
Thu Oct 14 18:58:15 CEST 2010

Dear Gareth,

Thanks for pointing out the better polyglossia style (\setmainfont).

As to the main problem, Vafa Khalighi has kindly explained that for the
footnoterule to be aligned correctly, the RTLdocument or rldocument option
of bidi has to be activated. Apparently, this has not been done by
polyglossia.

He has also recommended \autofootnoterule instead \rightfootnoterule.

That takes care of the problem. It is too easily fixed to require any change
in polyglossia or its language-specific files.

Kamal Abdali