[XeTeX] how to create and install xexmltex.fmt

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 18:59:03 CEST 2010

> .tex UTF-8 Hyphenation  patterns for Ancient  Greek

(/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-grc
> .tex
> !  Nonletter.
> l.37 α
>        1 ε1 η1 ι1 ο1 υ1 ω1 ϊ1 ϋ1 ἀ1 ἁ1  ἂ1 ἃ1 ἄ1 ἅ1 ἆ1 ...
>
> <LOTS MORE STUFF HERE>
> (That makes 100  errors; please try again.)

Initially only Latin letters are "letters". This is fixed in xelatex.ini
but in your case I suppose you can use the following file:

http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/xetex/hyphenation/greek/xgrcodes.tex

Provided that you will set only Greek and English text.

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece