[XeTeX] how to create and install xexmltex.fmt

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Oct 14 17:34:39 CEST 2010

Am 14.10.2010 um 13:48 schrieb William Adams:

> (but still need to understand where I put the resulting .fmt file
> and make it active)

FMT file is in /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-var/web2c/xetex. Because
XeTeX based.

Best is to edit fmtutil.cnf (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-var/web2c/
fmtutil.cnf). Then you can use fmtutil(-sys) to create FMT files. Or,
to cite fmtutil:

	For more information about fmt generation in TeX Live, try
	tlmgr --help or see http://tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html.
	The `generate' action in tlmgr does the work.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?
				- Tom Stoppard