[XeTeX] wrong kerning and slow processing with xelatex in texlive 2010

Vadim Radionov vadim.radionov at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:10:33 CEST 2010

I finally found the explanation. Mea culpa, it was in the kerning in
the font. All 3 lookup tables contained kerning -50 for small caps
Cyrillic `t' and `a', and the was another one of -60 in kerning
classes, which gave the total of -210.

I'm not sure if it is allowed and what should be the default behavior
of typesetting program -- to add them of to use the last. If it is
stated somewhere and you can point me to it, i will complain to my
font vendor. And of course I will check for such cases myself and wipe
out extra kerning.

Peter and Vladimir, thank you for your help and patience.

Vadim