[XeTeX] Greek XeLaTeX

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Tue Oct 12 19:54:26 CEST 2010

Am 12.10.2010 um 18:18 schrieb Tobias Schoel:

> Hi,
>

> Am 12.10.2010 15:03, schrieb Fr. Michael Gilmary:
>> Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:
>>

>>> I genuinely believe that we should
>>> be moving towards a more inclusive society, in which each can
>>> express his or her ideas in his or her own native language.

>> [snip, snip]

>> Speaking from experience, in the world of Catholic parishes, when there
>> was /one/ liturgical language for Roman rite Catholics (Latin), one
>> could go anywhere in the world and find a prayer by which to commune
>> with others. Not uncommon in wartime (esp. in Europe) a soldier from one
>> army could serve Mass for a chaplain from the opposing army --- it
>> wasn't unknown to happen. Interesting, no?
>>
> But does the usual "one" understand latin? Isn't the use of latin dividing between those who understand it and those who don't? (So use of the English language

	Actually, one should say it differentiates between those that can follow a mass and those that understand what is going on and being said.
	So the way things are now, there are those that can use Xe(La)TeX (because they learned the words) and
	those that understand what is happening (those that have command of english and TeX).

> for TeX _is_ dividing between those who speak English and those who don't.) But if I recall my school years correctly, understanding wasn't really important to Catholics. ;-)

	Personally, whether it is called \section, \abschnitt, or \ghaefjkh123 does not matter, as long as I can learn
	which command name to use for getting a section.

regards
	Keith.