[XeTeX] Primes and unicode-math.

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Oct 11 22:08:26 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:43:29PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 04:19:25PM -0400, Cole Leahy wrote:
> > Also, as I feared would happen, the kerning on exponents, commas, and
> > the like isn't ideal. Is there a way to get around this that's more efficient
> > than tweaking hspace as needed?
>
> This is because regular OpenType fonts lack italic correction, and the
> only way to include it is by editing the font itself (it is not a hard
> job; can be take an hour or in FontForge depending on the number of
> glyphs).

I was just thinking, one can write a plain text file (TSV or something)
having code points and corresponding italic correction and a 10 lines
python script would read that and feed it to the font using fontforge
python module. I should try that. Hmm, even better, another few tens of
lines and it can guess italic correction...

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny