[XeTeX] Font nuisances

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 15:30:43 CEST 2010

Dear David,

The errors you have been getting are font-not-found errors. I've never
been entirely sure which names fontspec likes for these derived faces.
However, the following works for me:

\setmainfont[ItalicFont={Bergamo Std Italic}, BoldFont={Bergamo Std
Bold}, BoldItalicFont={Bergamo Std Bold Italic}]{Cardo}

I would usually put hyphens in these names, and the following also works.

\setmainfont[ItalicFont={Bergamo Std-Italic}, BoldFont={Bergamo
Std-Bold}, BoldItalicFont={Bergamo Std-Bold Italic}]{Cardo}

However, what doesn't work is Bergamo Std-BoldItalic. Hence the errors.

Gareth.