[XeTeX] input from character viewer?

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Thu Oct 7 09:11:18 CEST 2010

Hi Adam,

	Yes, there is a reason for TexWorks not working with the MacOSX
	character palette. TeXWorks is a multi-platform application and is not designed
	to work with all input methods provided by an OS. In other words it does not
	have the API in order to work with character palette. TexWorks will most likely
	never have this ability.

	If you want to use the character palette then use TeXShop. It is functionally
	equivalent to TexWorks ans has more features.

	You can still use the character palette though the method is cumbersome.
		1) active the character palette window !
		    e.g click on the window frame not on a character!!
		2) double click on the characters you need
		     they will show up in the search field
		3) go to the search field and select and copy the chararcters with command-c
		4) switch back to TexWorks
		5) paste the characters into the text

	Hope this helps.

	regards