[XeTeX] input from character viewer?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 6 21:25:37 CEST 2010

On Oct 6, 2010, at 2:02 PM, McCollum, Adam wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I hope this question isn't too far afield for the list.
>
> I use TeXworks with Mac OS 10.6. When I try to enter something from the Character Viewer in TeXworks, nothing happens, but if I enter something from the Character Viewer in another application, such as TextEdit, I can copy from there and paste it into TeXworks and whatever I have copied shows up properly. Is there a reason that Character Viewer is not inputting directly into TeXworks?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Adam McCollum, Ph.D.

Howdy,

TextEdit, TeXShop and others are Cocoa Applications using Apple's Text Frameworks while TeXworks, since it's cross platform, uses QT frameworks. The TeXworks interface is based on that of TeXShop so you can try that application that also comes with MacTeX.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)