[XeTeX] parallel lines for multiple text versions

Adam McCollum acmccollum101 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 04:18:11 CEST 2010

Dear list members,

I have a formatting question. What I would like to do is give line by
line three versions of a certain text (in this case, different
recensions of the Gospel of Matthew in Ge'ez, i.e. classical
Ethiopic). In a WYSIWYG program, I can of course just eyeball where
the line breaks need to be and make them manually. The process is
somewhat more complicated by the fact that I'd like to have each verse
somewhat separated from other verses, and this means that when the
verse extends more than one line, the breaks still have to coincide
for each version. I'm not sure if I've done a good job explaining what
I'm hoping to do, so I attach a PDF sample written in a WYSIWYG program.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Best wishes,

Adam

Adam McCollum, Ph.D.
Lead Cataloger, Eastern Christian Manuscripts
Hill Museum & Manuscript Library
Saint John's University
P.O. Box 7300
Collegeville, MN  56321