[XeTeX] arabxetex vs. xepersian

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Tue Oct 5 16:19:22 CEST 2010

Ross Moore wrote:

> There is a big compatibility problem with this package, which really
> should be fixed before it gets distributed widely.
>
> The choices of some of the macro-names are rather unfortunate,
> since they clash with existing, long-standing uses for those names.

<snip>
> I would suggest changing all the definitions and uses within
> the package to names such as:
>
>   \kshdA  \kshdD   \kshdL  \kshdR  \kshdV

etc.

Many thanks for these suggestions, Ross --- and I think Gareth is going
to have the solution to all these incompatibilities.

But do you know if the final use of  \XeTeXinterchartokenstate is needed
at all? I mean, does the grouping of the environment itself limit the
use of this \XeTeXinterchartokenstate so that it really isn't necessary
to "turn it off"? It seems unnecessary, since removing
\XeTeXinterchartokenstate=-1 makes no difference, i.e., it gets turned
off anyway.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma