[XeTeX] How could xetex find texlive fonts on a mac?

ami dingyueforddl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 16:35:32 CEST 2010

在 2010-10-4,下午4:13, Paul Isambert 写道:

> XeTeX is telling you he can't find the font. You don't have it on your computer, because it should be installed. Try to download the ``lm'' package with TeXLive manager (tlmgr).

Hi Paul ,thinks for your reply , i think  i have installed the lm package . I have installed "full scheme (everything)" for texlive.
Run $ fc-list | sort | grep Latin\ Modern\ Roman
It returned :
Latin Modern Roman Caps,LM Roman Caps 10:style=10 Oblique,Italic
Latin Modern Roman Caps,LM Roman Caps 10:style=10 Regular,Regular
Latin Modern Roman Demi,LM Roman Demi 10:style=10 Oblique,Italic
Latin Modern Roman Demi,LM Roman Demi 10:style=10 Regular,Regular
Latin Modern Roman Dunhill,LM Roman Dunhill 10:style=10 Oblique,Italic
Latin Modern Roman Dunhill,LM Roman Dunhill 10:style=10 Regular,Regular
And i have installed "lm" package again:
$   tlmgr -repository http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet install lm
tlmgr: package repository http://ftp.ctex.org/mirrors/CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet
$   fc-cache -fv
$   xetex opentype-into.tex
Then i got a same error.
> plain.tex (not ``pain.tex'', although some people will be pleased by your typo :) ) is the source code for a format; it is not supposed  to be compiled by itself (it's not a document).
>
> TeXLive is correctly configured, but you should try to run your own documents. My question is: you're new to TeXLive, but are you new to TeX? In which case you should read a proper introduction, either to plain TeX:
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/impatient/book.pdf
> [+ find a copy of the TeXbook]
>
> or to LaTeX (choose your language!):
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/
>
> or to ConTeXt:
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/ms-cb-en.pdf
>
> You can't use TeX without some learning before, unless you're willing to spend many sleepless nights on it (which you'll do anyway).
>
> Best,
> Paul

Thanks for your advises .  I am new to Tex and i am interesting in it .

Best,
Dang