[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sat Oct 2 20:01:00 CEST 2010

Am 01.10.2010 um 00:14 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 30.09.2010 um 00:42 schrieb Alan Munn:
>
>> And I deal with a broad range of students at a major US research university.
>

> U.S. American students are not a gauge for Earth's youth.

I didn't talk about American students. What I described was sort of a lowest common denominator among students of math, computer science, or natural sciences. Of course there are many students who are able to program and read technical documentation, but because it's not a required skill, for many LaTeX is (one of) their first programming language(s). And programming is very different from more "basic" tasks in computing: even the best IDE or editor doesn't save you from staring at a white text input field with a blinking cursor, and then you must have read some technical documentation (books, tutorials, etc.) if you want to continue.