[XeTeX] Problems finding/using fonts with both xdv2pdf and xdvipdfmx

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sat Oct 2 00:56:48 CEST 2010

Hi Nick, and Adam,

Sent from my iPad

On 02/10/2010, at 8:22 AM, maxwell <maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:17:29 -0500, Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>
> wrote:

>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> Looks like the font isn't being found.

No, the encoding is wrong.

Are you loading the textcomp package? Don't do so.
It is upsetting what Xunicode already supplies.

>> But the entire document is typeset in that font!  After getting
> xdvipdfmx
>> to work, I'm still seeing this issue on 10.6 only, though at least it's
>> successfully substituting a Computer Modern bullet where xdv2pdf
> couldn't.
>
> Just a guess, but could it be that the font doesn't have that character?

Maybe, but this is not what the error is about.
The TS1 encoding is textcomp's way to provide some symbols in text.
That is all irrelevant with Unicode. The correct code points are supplied by , so that the same macro names can be used.

>   Mike Maxwell

Hope this helps,

    Ross