[XeTeX] Problems finding/using fonts with both xdv2pdf and xdvipdfmx

Nicholas Riley njriley at illinois.edu
Sat Oct 2 00:14:08 CEST 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Michiel Kamermans wrote:

> Are these system wide fonts, accessible to all programs installed, or fonts in some dir that is supposed to be considered "special" by some program?

Goudy is in ~/Library/Fonts and is findable by xdvipdfmx; it's just Goudy Bold that isn't.  Both fonts are in a single file—it's an old-style Mac font suitcase.  I guess that was the problem—I used fondu to split Goudy out into separate .ttf files and all is (almost) well.  I couldn't figure out how/if it is possible to tell fontspec that both Goudy and Goudy Bold are in the same file.

So I guess I'll abandon trying to get xdv2pdf to work; that just leaves my bullet problem on 10.6.

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>