[XeTeX] Hyphenated, transliterated Sanskrit.

Manuel B. flammschild at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 01:00:43 CET 2010

>But first of all the question: what would be the biggest benefit? New languages?

My idea was, that the biggest benefit of a single hyphenation file for
several Indic scripts could be, that it is possibly easier to
maintain. Only one file has to be updated if a change in the pattern
is necessary, not many. But I'm ready to admit, that this view of
things might be naiive.

I think Arthur has a good point in saying that it is probably not
worth the effort to merge the hyphenation files into one.

And I didn't know that there is a correspondence to the OOo
hyphenation files. In that case I absolutely agree, that this
correspondence should be preserved, despite the duplication of
identical data.

>> If Indic scripts hyphenate in the same way in all the languages that
>> use the script

>I've seen no evidence to let me think that they do, but I'm happy
>about any input.

Hmm... I think this discussion could be brought to an end more quickly
by falsification: we need an example of two Indian languages with
different hyphenation rules in the same script.

Cheers,
Manuel