[XeTeX] Build error on Linux / Fedora 14

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 22 19:21:57 CET 2010

Am 22.11.2010 um 18:19 schrieb Petr Tomasek:

> Even though there is a libicu available on both F12 and F14
> I would bet XeTeX uses it's own ICU copy. (It did compile one
> at least. And on the F14 the libicu-devel package was not
> installed first, but even if I installed it, nothing changed with
> the error...)

That's expected! My question aimed to check which versions of ICU are
obviously supported by Fedora 14. If the ICU version in XeTeX is not,
then Fedora/Red Hat need to do something and send patches upstream to
the ICU maintainers.

Again, it's not a question whether *any* ICU version is supported by
Fedora 14. That's true, since many years.

Anyway, it's possible to patch XeTeX that it uses local static
libraries, it's just not guaranteed that this older or newer version
of libicu4 meets XeTeX's demands.

On Macs XeTeX has a problem with 64 bit. Can you set CC as a 32-bit
compiler?

What is in XeTeX sources now that is not already in xetex of TeX Live
2010?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Mac OS X is like a wigwam: no fences, no gates, but an apache inside.