[XeTeX] Mathspec Texshop Degree-symbol

lordofcambridge at gmx.de lordofcambridge at gmx.de
Thu Nov 18 14:58:16 CET 2010

Hello everyone.

I just discovered XeTeX and I am amazed by the new possibilities opening up by using professional system fonts.

I just have one problem:
When just using the fontec-package everything works fine. If I load the mathspec package to adjust the appearance of the equation and results, the "°" degree signals vanishes from the math environment.

I am using Mac Os X 10.6 and all the latest versions of Texshop and TeXlive2010.

Here two small examples:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}

\begin{document}
This is a small test document to check if it works

°	360°C	$360°$

\end{document}

When using the mathspec-package to adjust the math font, the degree symbol disappears from the output.

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{mathspec}
\setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
\setmathfont(Digits,Greek,Symbols,Latin){Linux Libertine O}
\begin{document}
This is a small test document to check if it works

°	360°C	$360°$

\end{document}

When I try to use $360^{\circle}$  I get an error \circle is invalid in mathmode.

It all worked very convient inLaTeX, so is there a way to tell XeTeX to set the degree-symbol?

Thank you al very much and a nice day,

Simon