[XeTeX] xunicode and \textlbrackdbl

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sun Nov 14 19:57:07 CET 2010

Hi,

In xunicode.sty there's some preliminary definitions for
\textrbrackdbl and \textlbrackdbl  that appear after the \endinput
(and are therefore not standardly defined.) The suggested definition
use x301A and x301B (which come from CJK Symbols and Punctuation)  as
the UTF character.  Is there a reason for using this as opposed to
x27E6 and x27E7 (which come from Miscellaneous Math Symbols-A)?  More
fonts seem to have the latter code points.

(This is sort of a moot point at the moment, but I use these
characters quite a bit so I just copied the definitions from xunicode
until I discovered that in the fonts I was using they're in Misc. Math-
A.)

Alan

--
Alan Munn