[XeTeX] Biblatex and Biber UTF-8 file

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Fri Nov 12 16:22:36 CET 2010

Hello,

As it happens, once I figured out how to get Biber running (more or less; not much documentation and what there is is pretty obscure for a newcomer and I'm still not sure I'm totally clear on it), it told me that I needed version 9e of Biblatex; it turns out that the TL2010 version (which I downloaded yesterday afternoon; until that point I was on TL2009) was 9a. Updating Biblatex got me past the initial hurdle. Then I had to update etoolbox and something else as well.

I can now make some of the styles work (e.g. philosophy-modern, philosophy-classic) but not others (philosophy-verbose, and one or two more). I'll have to experiment a bit more with this and perhaps post again.

The big problem yesterday was that I was not getting any help from the XeTeX messages. It wasn't until I started playing with Biber that I saw the versioning issue.

Thank-you!