[XeTeX] Embedded font properties Type 1 Ansi / (CID) Identity-H

Juan Acevedo juan.acevedo.juan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 01:48:52 CET 2010

Fratres Xetexeri,

I am using an OpenType font from a professional font designer.

When I generate a PDF with XeLaTeX, then check the embedding of the font with Adobe Reader,
the font appears as
Type: Type 1 (CID)
Encoding: Identity-H
and its icon is a greyish sans-serif F on white background.

Now when the PDF is generated with InDesign C$3,
the embedded font shows as
Type: Type 1
Encoding: Ansi (or Custom)
and the usual red italic a PostScript icon

In both cases they appear as "Embedded subset".

Should I worry about sending this to press? Is there anything wrong in the font setup?

Many thanks in advance,
Juan