[XeTeX] hyphenation in Ethiopian languages

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 15:53:50 CET 2010

Dear Adam,

Line 7 of gloss-amharic.ldf in the polyglossia package has

  hyphennames={amharic,nohyphenation},

which I take to mean that you'll get no hyphenation wherever 'amharic'
is active. The next line is commented out

  %hyphenmins={2,2},

so I presume that some rules were intended (François?). If the rules are
that hyphenation can occur anywhere, I'm sure this would be fairly
easily to implement.

Gareth.