[XeTeX] unicode-math testing

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Fri May 28 14:38:38 CEST 2010

> At the very least there should be some warning if different versions of
> fonts are being used at different stages, but I suppose this could get
> very noisy with the common practice of having at least 3 very
> different fonts all claiming to be Helvetica-Italic, so perhaps it needs
> to be added to some list of debugging flags and left off by default.

Noisy is good. A user should be informed about all possible errors, and
using a font that the user may not have indicated certainly violates the
idea that TeX source compiles identically on every machine it's run on.
Of course, operating system limitations such as the inability to
concurrently install different versions of the same font cannot be
detected, and the current implementations don't allow us to specify
which font version number should be used, but aside from that, if TeX
sees three fonts, it definitely needs to go "ZOMG MY OMG! You are in a
world of font hell if I don't tell you about this" =)

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com