[XeTeX] unicode-math testing

Michael Lynch michael.s.lynch at googlemail.com
Thu May 27 17:37:01 CEST 2010

On 27/05/2010 05:55, Will Robertson wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am almost to release my long-delayed "unicode-math" package, but an issue has arisen that I don't know how to debug. It is only reproducible under Windows while using the Asana Math font; a different font or a different platform gives acceptable output.
>
> The system being used is Windows Vista with:
>

>> This is XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.1 (MiKTeX 2.8) (preloaded format=xelatex 2010.5.20)  25 MAY 2010 16:32
>>
> After selecting the maths font, the output is garbled; each glyph is off-by-one:
>

> I've attached a minimal document with all the necessary files to reproduce this problem. Would anyone (especially with Windows) be able to try this out? Or is this a known problem that I've forgotten about?
>
> -- Will

Hi,

I've just tested it on Windows 7 x64, with a fully updated MiKTeX 2.8
(MiKTeX-XeTeX 2.8.3758 (0.9995.1 texlive svn 15079) (MiKTeX 2.8)).

I recall having this exact problem before with Asana Math and (possibly)
Neo Euler, but not Cambria Math.

I removed the earlier installed version of unicode-math, and ran your
test case and it now works fine for me. However, if I install the copy
of Asana-Math.otf you provided locally and replace
\setmathfont{Asana-Math.otf} with \setmathfont{Asana Math} (i.e. using
the version from my Fonts folder instead) the problem returns and I get
the output you had in your original email. I've also retested this with
Cambria Math and Neo Euler (not using local copies, but from the Fonts
folder), both of which work correctly.

Hopefully this is of some use in diagnosing what's going wrong. If you'd
like any further test cases run, let me know.

Also, I'd just like to say thanks for all the time you've put into
unicode-math. It's really a fantastic package!

Regards,

Mike