[XeTeX] Greek letterspacing with soul

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon May 24 16:49:48 CEST 2010

Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> \whitecomma is fine. A mandatory improvement would be that \whitecomma
> would be zero-width (which I don't know whether it is possible).
>
>> This may be a bad idea for various reasons, but it seems to work around
>> the problem.
>
> Which would be the reasons why the command is a bad idea?

I think just as you point out: the zero-width issue ... as well as the
fact that, although the comma is white and "invisible" looking at the
screen or printed output, it's actually /there/ in the text --- and this
might cause problems with searching, etc.

Fortunately, JK gave the sensible answer and it works best.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery