[XeTeX] Greek letterspacing with soul

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon May 24 14:41:03 CEST 2010

n 05/24/2010 01:50 PM, John Was wrote:
> Hello
>
> Until someone works out how to fix this in SOUL, you could try the
> following.
> [...]
>
> This isn't as versatile as SOUL - it won't hyphenate - but it might do
> until something better turns up. If you find \letterspace
> \endlettersrpace too tedious to type, just give something briefer in the
> definitions: e.g. \def\ls and \def\els

Many thanks for your help, John.

I have reported the bug to Heiko Oberdiek, the soulutf8 maintainer.

Your fix is fine for a couple of occurrences, but it is too complicated
for a book full of passages where the text is emphasized.

And I need hyphenation too. I'm not in a hurry, so I can wait for the fix.

Thanks again,

Pablo