[XeTeX] Maths font for Adobe Garamond

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Tue May 18 17:17:27 CEST 2010

On 05/18/2010 09:03 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
>>Do you have any suggestions as to how one would proceed to generate a
>>maths font as in the solution above beginning from a batch of *otf files?
>>For example, does anyone have experience with MathKit for OpenType fonts?
>
> I haven't use MathKit but it seems this does not create the \int,
> \partial and other similar symbols. It just replaces, the various
> alphabets. If this is indeed the case, I believe you can "mimic"
> this behavior with unicode-math.

I was going to suggest using mathspec instead, but I remembered that
recent revisions of unicode-math (version 0.4) include the capability to
mix-and-match fonts.  One of those two packages should work for the OP.

(I’m actually quite curious to see these at work; has anyone
successfully used, e.g., the Lucida math fonts, with either mathspec or
unicode-math?)

—Joel Salomon