[XeTeX] XeLaTeX font options

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue May 18 11:27:43 CEST 2010

Am 18.05.2010 um 08:35 schrieb Mark van Dijk:

> This is a valid warning, but only for non-emphasized (= italic) text.
> While the warnings are an annoyance at most rather than yielding real
> problems, I keep wondering: how do I set special options for certain
> variants of the font, like a Swash option for the Adobe Caslon Pro
> Italics font? I would prefer to eliminate the many warnings.

Make the font selection more exact (to give you an idea):

	\newfontfamily\cjkfont[ItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-
W3,ItalicFeatures={RawFeature=+ital},BoldItalicFont=HiraKakuPro-
W6,BoldItalicFeatures={RawFeature=+ital},BoldFont={HiraMinPro-W6}]
{HiraMinPro-W3}

> As an aside, is there any place where I can find the Hoefler Text font
> for Linux (or in .otf format)? I think that this serif font has a lot
> of different options and ligatures and I enjoy to play around with
> those. Or maybe there are other serif fonts that offer such a wide
> variety of options? For me it's a good way to learn about font
> varieties with gorgeous texts as an added bonus.

Get yourself an intel based Mac (to be able to run virtual instances
of other operating systems) and install Leopard (Tiger is too old,
Snow Leopard uses a proprietary font format). When running some
Solaris, BSD, Linux you might be able to use the Hoefler fonts. Maybe
it works to copy them from the bought Mac OS 10.5.4 (best price) DVD
with its install packages. Or just buy them, if available.

--
Greetings

   Pete

For some reason, this fortune reminds everyone of Marvin Zelkowitz.