[XeTeX] changing \chaptername in polyglossia

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 01:19:58 CEST 2010

This is indeed what I would have suggested. For reasons that an expert may be able to tell us more about, if you want to change the name of a chapter-heading, you have to do it after issuing the \begin{document}. I've had the same thing recently, where I was asked to change the name from "Bibliography" to "References". I had to put the \renewcommand after the \begin{document} to make it work.

Cheerio,
Wilfred