[XeTeX] Ligatures and searching in PDFs

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Tue May 11 01:33:38 CEST 2010

> The proper solution would be to use /ActualText feature of the PDF
> specification.

I am very interested in this issue of searching PDFs.  A google search for
"PDF Actual Text" turned up nothing.  I then downloaded the actual PDF spec
from the Adobe web site and found the reference, and got the idea of what
it's about.  But how do people like me who use commonly available tools such
as XeLaTeX to make PDFs implement this? Could you say a little more about
this feature or provide pointers to some information?

Thanks - David