[XeTeX] Building xetex issues?

Axel Kielhorn a.kielhorn at web.de
Sun May 9 08:12:50 CEST 2010

Am 08.05.2010 um 22:57 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> I ran into the same problem trying to compile an Universal Binary for 32- and 64-bit architectures on Leopard. The function ATSUGetAttribute is in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/Headers/ATSUnicodeObjects.h inside a '#if !__LP64__' clause and has this documentation:
>
> *  Availability:
> *    Mac OS X:         in version 10.0 and later in ApplicationServices.framework [32-bit only]
> *    CarbonLib:        in CarbonLib 1.0 and later
> *    Non-Carbon CFM:   in ATSUnicodeLib 8.5 and later

The 10.6 SDK has the following:

 *  ATSUGetAttribute()   *** DEPRECATED ***
 *
 *  Deprecated:
 *    Use CTFontDescriptorCopyAttribute instead.
 *
[...]
 *
 *  Availability:
 *    Mac OS X:         in version 10.0 and later in ApplicationServices.framework [32-bit only] but deprecated in 10.6
 *    CarbonLib:        in CarbonLib 1.0 and later
 *    Non-Carbon CFM:   in ATSUnicodeLib 8.5 and later

CTFontDescriptorCopyAttribute is available in 10.5 and later.

Axel