[XeTeX] experimental new xetex version - with margin-kerning support

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue May 4 23:14:21 CEST 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 21:39:58 +0100, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> The keywords used to specify \lpcode and \rpcode values for native-font
> glyphs have been changed ...

Since as I understand it, it's necessary to list each character that one
wants to allow to protrude, and since there's probably a lot of art to this
(well, maybe not a lot, but probably more than I possess), I wonder if it
would be useful to share tables of lpcode and rpcode values.  While they
would presumably be font-specific, (a) some fonts are widely used (Charis
SIL, for example), and (b) a table for one font might at least serve as a
starting point for a table for another font.

BTW, I don't like bleeding, so I haven't even tried this as yet...

   Mike Maxwell
   CASL/ U MD