[XeTeX] Em-dash

Juan Francisco Fraile Vicente juanfranciscofv at gmail.com
Tue May 4 11:42:38 CEST 2010

Yes, it exists that keyboard as John has shown.
But I think that the next step is different. I think the most useful thing
would be that the keyboard be another screen, but a "tactil"-digital one. I
think that this option would develope all the possibilities of Unicode.
I am not talking of a keyboard in the main screen, like in the Ipad, what is
another great idea. For instance, I work in a netbook. I  have thought
lately that these problems with keyboards layouts will be solved if instead
of the physical keyboard, it would be a screen (could be a monitor of
digital-ink like in the Ebook-readers) in which the actual keyboard layout
that set the user would be shown, or perhaps a normal screen that adopts
that role if the laptop/netbook is in "working position" (in other
circumstances could be a two screen gadget for other functions). And new
keyboard-layouts could be developed with special sections like "IPA chars"
or "programming-languages oriented chars". (Only theorizing).
I know this is imagination only, but I think this kind of developments could
make easier and, mainly, more comfortable a lot of work for a lot of people.
If anybody wants/can afford to try, this idea is free, like beer.
Cheers!
J.F.F.