[XeTeX] Diacritics

Juan Francisco Fraile Vicente juanfranciscofv at gmail.com
Mon May 3 23:43:02 CEST 2010

Ok, ok, José Carlos. I can tell you that works for me, with my
configuration, but I change the font, because I haven't DTLUnicoST.

I write in TexWorks:

 \documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xltxtra}

\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Gentium}

\begin{document}

ń or \'{n}

\end{document}

Run XeLaTeX.

And I get:

ń or ń

2010/5/3 José Carlos Santos <jcsantos at fc.up.pt>

> On 03-05-2010 19:30, Juan Francisco Fraile Vicente wrote:
>
>  You can find all the characters included in a font in the «character
>> map». In Linux, type in the terminal 'charmap'. If you are in Windows, I
>> think it is in 'Accesories→System Tools→Character Map'. In the character
>> map you can find precombined characters and combinable diacritical marks.
>> If you want to know where is the accent in your keyboard, you can
>> explore your layout keyboard (whatever is your OS) and there you can
>> find where the diacritical marks are (or change, if it is necessary, the
>> layout to another language-distribution more comfortable for your work).
>> I give an example of the problem for better understanding: if you want
>> to write the character 'v' with a macron, it is not possible, for
>> instance, in Word or other word-processors, because it does not exist as
>> a precombined character in unicode. Perhaps you can get a 'v' with a
>> macron over it only using the combinable diacritical mark (perhaps).
>>

> Thanks. Now I know that, yes, DTLUnicoST has an acute accent; its position
> is 0301.
>

>  But I think that in TeX, LaTeX, XeTeX this shouldn't be a problem if you
>> are using this
>>
>> |[Mapping=tex-text]
>>

> But I am using it. I repeat: if I compile this file:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{DTLUnicoST}
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
>
> I get nothing.
>
> Best regards,
>
> José Carlos Santos

Juan Francisco Fraile Vicente
Departamento de Ciencias de la Antigüedad
Área de Latín
Universidad de Zaragoza
Email: jffraileATunizar.es