[XeTeX] Em-dash

Robert Zydenbos indoxetex at go4more.de
Mon May 3 19:05:19 CEST 2010

This is the same kind of issue as one of the earlier ones: the whole
point of XeTeX is that one simply types what one wants into a Unicode
editor (i.e., if you want an em-dash, you simply type an em-dash, and
there is no need any more for TeX conventions like ---, \"a, etc. etc.).

Even if there is a way to work around the problem using a (new) TeX
command, it may be easier to just open a Unicode-sensitive editor and do
find-and-replace, turning all the --- into em-dashes. That is totally
unambiguous and should not lead to any problems, I think.

RZ