[XeTeX] Building xetex issues?

Andreas Matthias andreas.matthias at gmail.com
Mon May 3 22:51:29 CEST 2010

Stephen Moye wrote:

> Success -- everything is working perfectly. Many thanks. Now I just  have
> to be patient whilst microtype and friends are updated.

If it's just for testing you might use microtype already as
shown below. But please don't use this hack for anything
else than testing. It will definitely wreak havoc with a
lot of other packages. For sure.

\newcount\pdftexversion\pdftexversion120
\newcount\pdftexrevision\pdftexrevision0
\newcount\pdfadjustspacing\pdfadjustspacing=0
\def\pdfoutput{1}
\let\pdfprotrudechars\XeTeXprotrudechars
\def\pdffontexpand#1\relax{}
\usepackage[protrusion,expansion=false]{microtype}

Ciao
Andreas