[XeTeX] Diacritics

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon May 3 14:24:53 CEST 2010

Am Mon, 03 May 2010 11:26:32 +0100 schrieb José Carlos Santos:

> Hi all,
>
> If I compile this file:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{xunicode}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \begin{document}
> \'n
> \end{document}
>
> then I get a PDF file which, besides the page number, only contains the
> diacritic «ń». That's what I would expect.
>
> However, if I add the line
>
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{DTLUnicoST}
>
> before \begin{document}, then I get a page with only the page number and
> the log file says:
>
> Missing character: There is no ń in font DTL Unico ST/ICU:mapping=tex-text,!
>
> Now, I am not surprised by the fact that that specific font doesn't have
> that specific character, but shouldn't it be able to create one just by
> putting an acute accent over the letter _n_?
>
> Can anyone suggest a way around this problem?

Try this (I can't test as I don't have your font):

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{DTLUnicoST}
\UndeclareUTFcomposite[\UTFencname]{x0144}{\'}{n}
\begin{document}
\'n
\end{document}

(There is no need to load fontspec + xunicode separately, xltxtra is
doing it).

--
Ulrike Fischer