[XeTeX] Fwd: xetex, itrans and telugu

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Mar 29 14:46:29 CEST 2010

Kattamuri Ekanadham wrote:

> For instance, I have a valid Pothana.ttf font downloaded (onto MAC) which
> works well.  I am trying to use your paradigm and say
>
> \newcommand\ked{\catcode`\^=11
>            \catcode`\~=11
>            \fontspec[Script=Telugu,Mapping=itrans-tel]{Pothana}}
>
> However, it complains that
>
> Package fontspec Warning:
>
>     Font "Pothana/ICU" does not contain script 'Telugu'
>
> This warning occured on input line 17.

I think, since you say you're using Mac, that you don't need to specify
the Script=Telugu. It has to do with the font having scripting
capabilities written into it, so loading the script option only breaks
that and you don't get scripting.

I think that's what Jonathan has mentioned before in similar cases.

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma