[XeTeX] on fontspec 2.0

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sun Mar 28 15:51:20 CEST 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 06:57:55PM +0800, Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
> Hi Khaled,
>
> Thank you for the advice.
>
> Basic question that I dont seem to get or find the answer to:
>
> I've downloaded 'mkluatexfontdb.lua' from github and put it in the
> luaotfload directory (which was already installed through texlive).
> but then how do I call it?

You've to install the whole luaotfload from githup, the one shipped with
texlive 2009 is too outdated to work (we would have updated texlive
version if it weren't the archaic luatex version they are shipping).

> To prempt extra trouble, my fotns are in my TEXMFLOCAL tree, not in
> the system fonts folder. Does that require any extra configuration
> (I've got it to work with XeTeX, I'm on TeXlive 2009)?
>
> Lastly, from the manual it seems you don't have access to a Windows
> machine. The systems font path (section 4.1) is generally
> c:\Windows\fonts, the path in there now is for very old systems. In
> any case, should you want me to test run some stuff, I am a fulltime
> user of a Windows XP (32bit) and a Windows 7 (64bit) box, feel free to
> send me stuff to run.

I didn't write that, Will; are you listening? ;) Anyway, what is written
there doesn't reflect the reality; we rely on fontconfig to get a list
of system fonts (but, unlike XeTeX, we do the rest of indexing
ourseleves). So, it is fontconfig's duty, at least for now, to use the
proper path

Regards,
 Khaled

--