[XeTeX] [texlive] opentype fonts from $TEXMFLOCAL

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 09:37:56 CET 2010

Hi Wilfred,

Thank you for your reply. Ah, I'm definately not putting the fonts in
a system font directory (thats c:\windows\fonts), that would explain
why fc-cache cant find them. I tried the otfinfo command to find the
identification string, it was "Arno Pro". It should be noted all
worked well on miktex before when I simply dropped the font in
texmf/fonts/opentype. I was planning to do things correctly now and
not drop anything manually into my texlive/2009/fonts, but keep it in
the $TEXMFLOCAL tree, where I believe things I add myself should be.

I expected kpathsea (thats just the utility that does file finding
right?) would search the local tex trees for fonts as well, but maybe
i have to tell it or fc-cache to do so. I heard about font.conf, but
there is none of those in my $TEXMFLOCAL tree...

Best,
Dee