[XeTeX] xetex, itrans and telugu

Kattamuri Ekanadham eknath2k at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 03:24:21 CET 2010

> Shrisha Rao <shrao at nyx.net>  wrote
>There is a fontspec mapping package xetex-itrans that you may like to look
at instead:
>http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/generic/itrans/
>This currently only works with Devanagari and Kannada scripts; if someone
can add Telugu or other scripts, we will be happy to include them.
>Note that this allows one to insert the ITRANS code into a XeLaTeX document
directly.
>Regards,
>Shrisha Rao

Thanks for the information. That was useful. I can put in some effort and
can add the Telugu scripts, if you can give me some tips...  For instance
1. I went to the above web site and copied the files and tried the example
that was given there and processed on MAC using TexShop (XeLatex),
using Devanagari. It produced a pdf file. But the ligatures are not done
correctly. Is this the way it is supposed to be or am I doing some thing
wrong.
I enclosed the pdf file produced to the example, as given in the readme file
at the above link.
2. Where do I find the format specifications for the .map and .tec files
3. Where would I find the Unicode tables for Telugu, so  that I can produce
the same forms as given in your software at the link.
Thanks.